To be the right forum for health development partners and stakeholders to discus, analyze, and make calls of action toward health coverage in the rural populations of Tanzania and Africa.
To collaborate and bring together all the health development partners and stakeholders to raise their voice for underprivileged voiceless groups in the rural areas of Tanzania and Africa as well as recognizing and honoring the outstanding contribution from the primary health service providers in the remote areas of Tanzania and Africa through provisions of special awards to be known as Tanzania Rural Health Summit Awards to be given annually every year as determined by the Summit Committee.
Specific Objectives for the Tanzania Rural Health Summit
The main objective of the Tanzania Rural Health Summit is to strengthen the advocacy team on the importance of rural health access and coverage by improving and enhancing the services offered by the outstanding service providers in the primary health centers in rural communities throughout Tanzania. PANETA’s strategy is to use the Tanzania Rural Health Summit to recognize and honor the contribution from outstanding individuals and organizations who have been dedicating their time to help improve the health care of rural communities in Tanzania.
- The summit will focus on bringing the national and international health stakeholders and partners collaboratively together to have strong panel discussions and presentations on various global strategies set to achieve universal health coverage in rural communities.
- The summit will provide a chance for “call of actions” from the local and global health entities, leaders, and individuals, toward implementations and achievements of 2015/2030 Sustainable Goal number three (better health and well-being for all, SDG 3), focusing on the nine (9) targets and twenty six (26) indicators set to achieve this goal.
- The Summit will provide opportunity for strong panel discussions and presentations from national and international health partners and stakeholders on the achievements made to achieve universal health coverage in rural communities, including financial risk protection, access to quality essential health care services, and access to safe, effective, and affordable medicines and vaccines for all.
- The Summit will provide special awards to be known as the Tanzania Rural Health Awards, to be given to real heroes in the rural health care field who have shown their sincere outstanding contribution to improving quality health care within the rural communities of Tanzania.
- The Summit will bring together all the organizations, governmental and non-governmental, local, and international, who are working tirelessly within the rural communities of Tanzania to improve rural health care delivery, access, and coverage